The release of Cataclysm brought many changes to World of Warcraft. In addition to the two new races, Goblins and Worgen, the level cap was increased to 85 and many new quests, zones, and factions were added. Luckily, the horde leveling guide addons were upgraded to work with the new version.
Five new areas were added specifically for questing from 80 to 85, and they are as follows:
- Mount Hyjal
- Twillight Highlands
Mount Hyjal and Vashj'ir are both starting areas for level 80's. Players can choose which of the two they would like to quest in first, and can even try both areas.
Vashj'ir is underwater and players must be prepared to swim around a bit at first, but will eventually get a quest that allows them to a capture a special seahorse mount to be used underwater.
"Increase Your 1-85 Leveling Time Fast With Dugi Guides"
Deepholm is available at level 82 and requires a trip through the maelstrom to enter. Uldum is an Egyptian-themed zone with quests available at level 83, and Twilight Highlands quests cannot be started until level 84.
Quests to get to these areas can be found on the quest boards in capital cities once the required level is reached. Because questing can be quite monotonous at times, instances are also a great way to get experience.
The following instances are available to leveling players on regular modes:
- Throne of the Tides (requires level 80)
- Blackrock Caverns (requires level 77)
- The Stonecore (requires level 81)
- The Vortex Pinnacle (requires level 81)
- Lost City of the Tol'vir (requires level 84)
- Grim Batol (requires level 84)
- Halls of Origination (requires level 84)
If a player meets the requirements, they can group up with friends or queue alone in the new dungeon queue, which brings players from different servers together.
Battlegrounds are another leveling option for players. To make the process more fair, the following brackets for battlegrounds have been implemented: Level 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, and 85.
These numbers are important when queuing for a battleground with friends, as players that are not in the same bracket cannot queue together.
(Click to learn more)
These are the battlegrounds available to leveling players (Battle for Gilneas and Twin Peaks are only available to level 85's):
- Arathi Basin (requires level 10)
- Warsong Gulch (requires level 10)
- Eye of the Storm (requires level 35)
- Alterac Valley (requires level 45)
- Strand of the Ancients (requires level 65)
- Isle of Conquest (requires level 75)
Some additional suggestions:
- A combination of instances, battlegrounds, and quests are the best option for leveling quickly. Too much of one thing may cause the player to become bored or frustrated.
- It can also help to pay attention to the factions encountered during Cata quests, as they have many useful items for sale when you reach certain levels of reputation. Some may be used while leveling, but others might require level 85. Make a note of items needed and what rep they require. If you intend to raid after hitting 85, grab all the tabards and wear them in instances to get as much rep as possible before reaching 85.
- Pressing "L" while questing brings up the quest log, which shows the quests the player is on and their locations on the map.
- A horde leveling guide 1-85 can also be a HUGE help for players who would like more in-depth information on World of Warcraft quests, factions, and instances. Many also provide information on all the classes and races, which is great for new players who aren't sure what to choose. For those interested in getting one, Dugi's Leveling Guide is the best guide out there for everything WoW! If you're looking for a WoW professions guide, don't miss our page dedicated to it!