If you've been playing World of Warcraft for a while, then you probably already know that at some point you're going to have to choose a profession.
Before you make the decision, it's best to know what exactly each profession entails so you can make the right choice.
Similar to "real life", where you have to have a job to make money, in WoW you also need a way to make gold.
The best WoW professions guide is different than a World of Warcraft leveling guide simply because the "end goal" of a profession is to make more gold, instead of reaching a higher level.
If you're looking for the top customer rated WoW Professions guide, we highly recommend taking a look at our favorite, Dugi's 1-525 Profession Leveling Guide for the absolute best results.
Here are the professions you can look into:
- Herbalist. This is a gathering profession. More or less, if alchemists are the drug producers, herbalists are their suppliers. Herbalist need to know where to find the best herbs and flowers to get business and make more gold.
- Jewel Crafting. This profession is extremely delicate World of Warcraft profession. More or less you're going to be combining raw materials to make something luxurious and of high value. You can sell the products in Auction house (items like cut gems and gems). A WoW Professions Guide can help you level this profession faster than most.
- Mining. Miners search around areas looking for raw materials. They're generally looking for gold or trinkets they can use or sell. Mining is an awesome profession for making tons of gold because a lot of other professions rely on mining for supplies.
- Skinning. This is a very "raw" profession. Skinners are often hunters, collecting prey and selling it is what they do. You don't craft anything, just sell the materials to other leather workers.
- Blacksmithing. Blacksmiths make the best armor and weapons in the game. To be a good blacksmith, you need to get a hold of high end raw materials (at least in order to make the best armor and gear in the game). Blacksmiths can use or sell the items they created for gold.
- Leather Workers. Leather workers make armor kits, disenchanting items, and basic leather armor. The armor they created is generally light weight and suitable for fast moving characters.
- Alchemist. This profession has to do with plants, flowers, herbs, and potions. You go under water, boost stamina and strength, and surprising things start to happen. All using a small bottle of potion substance.
- Engineering. This profession mainly has to do with crafting. Engineers find ways to make things go "BOOM!". They sell bombs, bullets, guns, scopes and other items to make gold. This profession is really tough until you reach the high levels.
- Tailoring. The tailoring profession is certainly an art. The clothes are infused with magic and only created using the finest materials. Their products are always in demand, and they have countless uses (their best sellers are spell thread, bags, and disenchantable items.)
Now that you know a little bit more about each profession, it's time to think about investing in a WoW leveling guide for professions to help you along the way.
There are several available on the Internet, but the best and most comprehensive one we found during our research was called Dugi's WoW Professions guide and it's guaranteed to work or your money back.